I did watch some half-decent, and some crummy films:
- The Aristocrats, some pompous unknowns, but also some very good actors/stand-up comedians. For the late nights in front on the sofa, with the laptop where it should be (that's on your lap).
- White Chicks, I'm afraid to say I laughed, it's funnier than anything Eddy Murphy wish he'd done in the past ten years (minus Shreks). Actually, I looked at the filmography and it's 19 years since Coming to America.
- Babel, I remember being torn between this film and Blood Diamonds when both came out at the same time at the cinema. The latter was a better film to watch at the cinema, but Babel stands up on its own as a character movie. I think I set my expectations too high, still good though.
- Idiocracy, I can see why it went direct to video here, it's not worth showing in the cinema. This is no Office Space. Time for Starbucks!
- Spider-man 3, oh the expected disappointment. I was pressured into watching it by a super-hero lover that didn't read the reviews. Read the reviews, kids! It's for your own good!
- L'Empire des Loups, a horrid pile of crud. Looks like a Luc Besson-produced film, and certainly smells like it (but isn't one, despite how the saying goes). Ewww!
- The Krays, just a film to polish my accent, a half-decent cock-e-ney gangster film. You're no Italian Job, mai love.
- My Super Ex-Girlfriend, a film for the evening, with a few good belly laughs. At least, unlike Eddie Murphy, Ivan Reitman made something half-decent after the eighties with this one.
- And the best for last, Flushed Away, during which I felt just a little bit of wee come out. Especially when the frogs are called into "Action". I just love it. Rent it, buy it. I think I'll watch it again now. No I shouldn't. But I COULD! It's that good...
"Je devrais avoir su mieux" , erh how to say it ... I'm not sure to understand what you want to say with this title, even if I'm French ... ;)
May-be : J'aurais dû le savoir.
Google translate ... I guess you already know it, don't try to make understandable translation with it. I tried with a lot of languages and it doesn't work well with anyone.
Ern, anyway ... I've seen Babel too, good film :) .
"Je devrais avoir su mieux", you tried to translate "I should have known better" which is just "J'aurais du mieux savoir" en français, It is just for the record, I don't like french to be devasted by google, it doesn't need nor deserve that.
You have to be careful with "lap-based" laptops. They tend to burn your goolies.
lejocelyn, how about Si j'avais su, j'aurais pas venu.
Post a Comment