Wednesday, Mittwoch. Half of the hackfest has now passed, and we've started to move onto other discussion items that were on our to-do list.
We discussed icon theme related simplifications, especially for application developers and system integrators. As those changes would extend into bundle implementation, being pretty close to an exploded-tree bundle, we chose to postpone this discussion so that the full solution includes things like .service/.desktop merges, and Intents/Implements desktop keys.
David Herrman helped me out with testing some Bluetooth hardware (which might have involved me trying to make Mario Strikers Charged work in a Wii emulator on my laptop ;)
We also discussed a full-fledged shared inhibition API, and we agreed that the best thing to do would be to come up with an API to implement at the desktop level. The desktop could then proxy that information to other session- and/or system-level implementations.
David Faure spent quite a bit of time cleaning up after my bad copy/pasted build system for the idle inhibit spec (I copied a Makefile with "-novalidate" as an option, and the XML file was full of typos and errors). He also fixed the KDE implementation of the idle inhibit to match the spec.
Finally, I spent a little bit of time getting kdbus working on my machine, as this seemed to trigger the infamous "hidden cursor bug" without fail on every boot. Currently wondering why gnome-shell isn't sending any events at all before doing a VT switch and back.
Due to the Lufthansa strike, and the long journey times, tomorrow is going to be the last day of the hackfest for most us.
Post a Comment